Saturday, September 14, 2013

Salutations

To all my fellow Nevadans; I created this blog to raise awareness to others of the fine line we as Americans have been walking in the last few years. Since the implementation of the National Firearms Act of 1934, our 2nd Amendment rights have been getting chipped at by the federal government for the better part of a hundred years.

 A little about me: I was born/raised in the east bay area of California, and had grown up around a very anti-gun culture, surprisingly my father and mother were both very conservative (My Dad grew up in the 50's). At the age of 17 I joined the USMC as an 0341 infantry mortar man and did two deployments to Afghanistan. That being said, I am not a war hero, and never will claim to be. However, what I did see:
1. I did see a country with strict gun control laws. Did that stop the bad guys from owning them? No. Not on bit.
2. The Taliban still had full auto AK's, PKM's, Dishka's, RPG's, etc.
3. They used this tactic to terrorize the local villagers into giving them supplies, bed down site, etc.
4. The people were at the mercy of their government. So why do we have an ever growing anti gun sentiment in this country?
Fear.
 Humanity has a natural fear of the unknown. History has proved this time and time again. That is why we have superstitions, ghost stories, supernatural beings, etc. It allows humanity to explain the unexplainable. Humans have to know how and why something always happen. When it comes to guns, since less and less Americans do not have or use guns on a regular basis, they naturally fear it and condemn it.
 The second reason is the one that upsets me the most, the main stream media (MSM).
 If one has read Animal Farm by George Orwell, the media is the entity that acts as the sheep to quiet any or all opposition. This does great damage to those who are on the fence about the 2nd Amendment, and presents a very slanted view of the world, as if all gun owners are devout religious nut jobs who have a bomb shelter in their basement (For the record with all the things that are going on in the world prepping does not seem that bad of an idea anymore). President Obama himself stated at the introduction of the Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) to the senate, "Americans have to stop clinging to their guns and religion". To me that was a very arrogant statement to make, basically slapping all religious persons of any belief systems in their faces, and stating it was time to come into the 21st century. One may choose to be an atheist, that is fine, but President Obama cannot ignore the fact that this country was founded by Christian men with a Bill of Rights very closely following the Ten Commandments given by God to Moses on top of Mount Sinai. Many of our nation's laws are written using the Bible as a moral guide.
 For my critics, I am not a Republic. I am not a Democrat. If I am anything, I am an Independent because partisanship is what has divided this country in the first place. One should read Washington's Farewell Address and see how we as a country are NOT following his guiding principles. This blog is not an Obama bashing site, I am hoping to educate readers of how we are slowly losing all of our civil rights to the Federal Government. I did not know much how the 2nd Amendment was chipped away at until I started actually doing my own research, and not taking it on faith from the media and what other people said. For the pro-2nd Amendment group: I encourage all of you to talk to your local gun store (LGS) owner about these various acts and laws, they are quite knowledgeable. If one person reads this blog and changes their mind, I will feel like I have accomplished something. If one wishes to become a contributing author, please send me a message. God Bless, and Semper Fi
-Andy

1 comment:

  1. Good blog, Andy! I'm hoping that you also get noticed by those whose other Constitutionally guaranteed rights have been undergoing massive erosion. Anybody that enjoys the outdoors has seen restrictions placed on hunting, fishing, off road vehicles, horseback riding, hiking, camping, snowmobiles, etc.

    Never let it be forgotten that it's the Second Amendment that insures the rest. Once our rights to be armed are gone, they will not come back on their own, and the forces of tyranny will be entrenched.

    ReplyDelete