Sunday, September 15, 2013

Type 03 FFL and how to get one

The Type 03 FFL (Curio & Relic License) is another way to get back some of your abridged Second Amendment Rights. If you live in a people's republic state (California) then you may be out of luck on this one. This license allows for you to purchase firearms 50 years or older or on the approved C&R list and get them mailed right to your door. No background check, and no waiting. What you will need.
1. Check for 30$ Made out to the BATFE
2. Envelope
3. Stamp
4. Not be a prohibited purchaser
5. Chief Law Enforcement Officer's contact info.
The first thing one must do is download this form which can be found here Curio & Relic License Application, and print out two copies. One will go to your Sheriff, Chief of Police etc. Find out where the address to their licensing department and mail that copy. If you look at the bottom of the application, you will see there is an ATF copy, and a CLEO copy. Once you fill that out, put in the check for 30$ and mail it to the ATF. approximately 6 weeks letter, you should get your license in the mail. The first thing I did was scan it to a PDF format so I can send it to FFL's when I purchase online. Naturally I had to make my first purchase, which was a 1954.5 Chinese Type 53 Carbine (Mosin M44 Copy) Which I bought for 105$ on gunbroker. I think with shipping it came out to about 140$, and sure enough a week later, UPS dropped it off right on my front step. There are many good C&R weapons that one can use for home defense and would make great hunting/sniper rifles. When I snap some more pictures I will upload my 150$ Mosin 91/30 scout build.
-Andy
Chinese Type 53

No comments:

Post a Comment